I am a Ph.D. student studying combinatorics and optimization at the University of Waterloo under the supervision of Dr. Ricardo Fukasawa
Previously I completed a M.Sc. in computer science at the University of British Columbia,
under the supervision of Dr. Bruce Shepherd
On the side, I make open source software for digitally processing audio and generating algorithmic music and visuals
under the alias
. When not in front of a computer or whiteboard
I can usually be found rock climbing, foraging for mushrooms, cycling, snowboarding, hiking or cooking.
- Ph.D. in Combinatorics and Optimization at University Waterloo. Funded by QEII-GSST. (2022-present)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science at University of British Columbia. Funded by NSERC CGS-M. (2019-2021)
- B.Sc. Honors in Computing Science at University of Alberta (2014-2019)
- 2023: A Knapsack Intersection Hierarchy.
Adam Jozefiak, F. Bruce Shepherd, Noah Weninger.
- 2022: A Fast Combinatorial Algorithm for the Bilevel Knapsack Problem with Interdiction Constraints.
In proceedings of IPCO 2023.
Noah Weninger and Ricardo Fukasawa.
- 2021: Approximate Extended Formulations for Multidimensional Knapsack and the Unsplittable Flow Problem on Trees (M.Sc. Thesis).
- 2018: Rendering Impulse Responses for Implicit Surfaces.
2018: Training Deep Convolutional Networks with Unlimited Synthesis of Musical Examples
for Multiple Instrument Recognition.
Rameel Sethi, Noah Weninger, Abram Hindle, Vadim Bulitko, Michael Frishkopf.
15th Sound and Music Computing Conference.
- 2017: Exploring Positional Linear Go.
Noah Weninger and Ryan Hayward.
15th International Conference on Advances in Computer Games.
- 2016: ScPy: A SuperCollider Extension for Perfoming Numerical Computation via Embedded Python.
Noah Weninger and Abram Hindle.
Competitive programming problems
After competing for many years I was given the opportunity
to create original problems for a programming contest. It turns out that
I enjoy making problems even more than just solving them!
Most of my problems are available on Open Kattis,
anyone can try them out.
- "LCM Thief" from the 2023 CCPC (Not yet on Open Kattis)
- "Precarious Stacks" from the 2023 UAPC (Not yet on Open Kattis)
- "Long Walk", "Maximum Fix", and "Undead or Alive" from the 2022 ACPC (Not yet on Open Kattis)
- Problems on the 2021 and 2022 Iverson Exam
- "Similar Spacing" and "Travelling Caterpillar" from the 2022 UAPC
- "Zoom," "Successful Zoom," "Solution Pollution," and "Tree Canopy Graphs" from the 2022 CCPC
- "Wonky Pizza," "Beep Code," "Compression," and "Swapping Places" from the 2021 ACPC
- "The Council" and "Which Bits?" from the 2021 CCPC
- "Monochromatic Minesweeper" and "Wrapping Trees" from the 2020 ACPC
- "Product Inspector" and "Lockpick" from the 2019 UAPC